Benefits of the new card readerThe new free card reader has been completely redesigned to make mobile payments easier and more reliable:
- It works out of the box with QuickBooks GoPayment and QuickBooks Mobile.
- Payments accepted with QuickBooks Mobile are synced automatically to QuickBooks Online.
- It supports a growing list of iOS and Android mobile devices.
- Its new shape and size makes it easy to slip into your pocket when you’re on the go.
- The longer, expandable jack plugs in easily, even on phones with thick cases.
- Reduced swivel and rocking makes swiping smoother and more reliable.
- Capture card data with a single swipe in either direction.
From the GoPayment mobile app:
Tap Settings > Card Reader Type > Order it here.
From the Merchant Service Center:
Choose Account > Mobile Payments, and then click Order Card Reader in the Quick Links section.
Not using GoPayment yet?GoPayment is a great way to accept payments anywhere you do business. And historical data shows that small business owners who use QuickBooks Online with GoPayment get paid on average twice as fast as those who don’t.
Learn more about features and fees at our QuickBooks Payments page, or download our iOS appor Android app.
P.S. We’re working hard to make sure you’re ready for the EMV transition, and will soon offer a mobile EMV reader for use with the GoPayment app and QuickBooks app. Read more about what EMV is and how Intuit plans to support it.